- Sharks never stop moving even when they sleep or rest.
- Archimedes of Syracuse lived around the year 250 BC and played a large role in the history of geometry including a method for determining the volume of objects with irregular shapes..
- The fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco.
- The 'black box' that houses an airplanes voice recorder is actually orange so it can be more easily detected amid the debris of a plane crash.
- That in developed countries 27% of food is thrown away.
- Sound travels 4.3 times faster through water than in air.
- Camels have 3 eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
- The number 2 is the only number greater than zero that when added to or multiplied by itself gives you the same result (4).
- Penguins are only found in the southern hemisphere primarily in Antarctica (excluding zoos above the equator).
- Emus can't walk backwards.