- The US produces 19% of the world's trash.
- There are more than 50 different kinds of kangaroos.
- The most valuable nutrients of a potato are its skin.
- Snakes can't bite in rivers or swamps (they would drown otherwise).
- The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
- A deck of cards should be shuffled at least 7 times before playing.
- Elvis Presley made only 1 television commercial.
- Reindeer hair is hollow inside like a tube.
- Babylonians measured the circumference of a circle as approximately 3 times the diameter, which is fairly close to today's measurement which uses the value of Pi (around 3.14)..
- England's first great industry was wool.