- The odds of being stuck by lighting is 280,000 to 1.
- It takes 1 week to make a jelly bean.
- Mosquitoes prefer children to adults and blondes to brunettes.
- There are over 600 windows on the Empire State Building.
- Americans consume over 10 billion bowls of soup each year.
- In 1878 the first telephone book made contained only 50 names.
- In the 17th century Galileo Galilei and Johannes Kepler made important discoveries relating to planetary motion and orbits..
- A platypus can eat its weight in worms every day.
- Crocodiles are colour blind.
- Banana plants can grow as high as 6 meters (20 feet) tall.