- The Colgate toothpaste company started out making starch, soap, and candles.
- A female ferret is called a jill.
- The number Pi (the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle) can't be expressed as a fraction, making it an irrational number. It never repeats and never ends when written as a decimal..
- Employees are more likely to book holidays off work on a Monday that any other week day.
- John Cadbury founded the Cadbury chocolate company in England in 1842 producing the first chocolate bars.
- Helminthophobia is the fear of worms.
- A woodpecker can peck 20 times a second.
- On your birthday you share it with 9 million others.
- The elevator was invented in 1850.
- Aichmophobia is the fear of needles and pointed objects.