- There are over 225,000 trees in New York's Central Park.
- A 15th anniversary is called a quindecennial.
- If you filled a matchbox with gold it could be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court.
- Out of the 250+ known species of shark only 18 are known to be dangerous to man.
- The 'you are here' arrow on maps is called an ideo locator.
- Canada has more doughnut shops per capita than any other country.
- The most popular snack food is potato chips.
- Italy and France produce over 40% of all wine.
- The first English dictionary was written in 1755.
- The US shreds 7,000 tons of worn out currency each year.