- The average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons.
- Acrophobia is the fear of heights.
- The original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy.
- There is enough petrol in a full tank of a Jumbo Jet to drive the average car 4 times around the world.
- A full moon is 9 times brighter than a half moon.
- Due to gravitational effects you weigh is slightly less when the moon is directly overhead.
- England's first great industry was wool.
- Sponges hold more cold water than hot.
- A Greek mathematician named Euclid who lived around the year 300 BC is often referred to as the 'Father of Geometry' for his amazing geometry works that included the influential 'Elements', which remained the main textbook for teaching mathematics until around the early 20th century..
- Perth is Australia's windiest city.