- Diamonds mined in Brazil are much harder than those found in Africa.
- Sea water is approximately 3.5% salt.
- The term 'disc jockey' was first used in 1937.
- MTV (Music Television) made its debut at 12:01 a.m. August 1st 1981 (the first music video shown 'Video killed the radio star' by the Buggles).
- 1 nautical knot equates to 1.852 Kph (1.150 mph).
- Brazil covers 50% of the South American continent.
- Tachophobia is the fear of speed.
- A banana contains 75% water.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze over completely.
- Blue and white are the most common school colors.