This short black and white silent film is the oldest footage showing actors performing a role on film. The actors were a blacksmith (centre) and employees of the Edison Manufacturing Company.
Filmed by William K.L. Dickson, while working for the Edison Manufacturing Company, it was also the first Kinetoscope film shown in public.
It premiered on May 9, 1893. The original film is silent.
Edison Manufacturing Company
Black Maria Studio, West Orange, NJ
Music adapted from
Impromtu Fantasie Op.66 by F.W. Chopin
Blacksmith Scene #1
Edison Manufacturing Company, PD-US