Gingerbread Crust with A Chocolate Filling
Cookie Crust Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 stick butter, softened
2 large eggs
1/4 cup molasses
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate-hazelnut spread
1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cookie Crust Baking Instructions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Set this bowl aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar. Then add the eggs and molasses, mixing everything in as you go
3. Then, stir the dry ingredients into the wet butter mixture. It helps to do this a little at a time.
4. Once everything is mixed together, take out your dough and separate it into 6 parts. Roll each part up into a ball, then smash them flat. Wrap each of these discs in plastic and refrigerate them for about an hour
5. With an adult present, preheat the oven to 350°. Spray the tart pans with cooking spray. Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, until it’s soft enough to be molded. Take some of your extra flour and dust it onto a clean work surface. Using a rolling pin, flatten out 1 disc of dough until it’s about 1/8 inch thick.
6. Take your flattened cookie dough and lay in into one of your tart pans. Press firmly to shape it to the pan, but be careful that your dough doesn’t break apart. If it does that’s ok. You can still patch it up. Trim the edges so that your dough now fits perfectly into your tart pan. Repeat this process for the rest of the dough.
7. With an adult present, bake for 10 minutes. The edges should be just starting to turn brown. Remove from the oven to cool.
1.In a large bowl, mix together the chocolate-hazelnut spread, mascarpone, and salt until light and fluffy.
2. Fill all of your cookie crusts with the chocolate-hazelnut mixture. Place them in the fridge for about an hour, or until the filling is firm.
3. (Optional) Top with whipped cream.
Subscribe if you love Nickelodeon and want to see more! http://goo.gl/JJgxNm?xid=YTdesc
Nickelodeon is the number-one brand for kids with original cartoons, sitcoms, movies, award shows, products and more! Here on our YouTube you’ll find SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Henry Danger, The Thundermans, Game Shakers, Every Witch Way, Make it Pop, Harvey Beaks, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Sanjay and Craig, Bella and the Bulldogs, 100 Things to do Before High School, Alvinnn!, Wits Academy and Nick content from around the world.
Need to know when your favorite TV show is on? Go to: http://www.nick.com/shows/tvschedule/
For even more fun, games, and full episodes log on to www.nick.com
More from Nickelodeon:
Official Nickelodeon Website: http://www.nick.com/?xid=YTdesc
Official Nickelodeon App: http://www.nick.com/app?xid=YTdesc
Like Nickelodeon: https://www.facebook.com/nickelodeon?xid=YTdesc
Follow Nickelodeon: https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV?xid=YTdesc
Nickelodeon Tumblr: http://nickelodeon.tumblr.com?xid=YTdesc
Nickelodeon Instagram: http://instagram.com/nickelodeontv?xid=YTdesc