Thanks! Share it with your friends!
An ancient Chinese farming system has been designated a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System (GIAHS) by FAO, making Qingtian County and Longxian village famous for something other than emigration. The entire village is benefitting from the conservation of its agricultural heritage and has become a popular destination for tourists coming from the cities of Wenzhou and Shanghai. FAO's Director-General, José Graziano da Silva, visited the site in June 2016.
Follow #UNFAO on social media!
* Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UNFAO
* Google+ - https://plus.google.com/+UNFAO
* Instagram - https://instagram.com/unfao/
* LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/fao
* Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/faoknowledge
© FAO: http://www.fao.org