Are you a bored adult or a parent stuck at home? Try these DIY science experiments!
Join my Patreon Community! http://patreon.com/physicsgirl
SAFETY TIPS FOR TEA BAG ROCKET
Flammable surfaces: DO NOT light tea bags on a flammable surface. Experiment should be conducted on a fireproof surface, like a metal pan.
Smoke detectors: Do not light tea bags under or near smoke detectors
Safety Glasses: Safety glasses should be used
Touching fire: Do not allow anyone else to touch the lighter or the burning tea bag
Falling ash: Be aware! Some ashes may be produced from the teabag, and they may fly into the air.
Experiments in this video:
1. making a cloud in your mouth 0:22
2. moving water with static electricity from a balloon 00:40
3. demonstrating the Leidenfrost effect 00:55
4. dipping a can with boiling water into ice water 01:12
5. opening a can with pressure and a marker 01:23
6. raising water level in a jar by putting candle out 01:37
7. re-lighting a candle from the smoke 02:03
8. put out a candle with CO2 from vinegar and baking soda 02:09
9. turning empty tea bags into rockets by lighting on fire (02:30)
10. eating up needles until theyre no longer magnetic (02:55)
11. floating a ping pong on a stream of air from a straw (03:39)
12. balancing forks and a toothpick on a single toothpick (03:44)
13. pouring water from one glass to another with a string (04:02)
14. spinning a hard-boiled egg until it stands up (04:19)
15. using a card to turn a glass with water upside down (04:30)
16. observing properties of corn syrup with polarized lenses (4:35)
17. DIY lava lamp with water, oil, and alka seltzer (04:46)
18. throwing an egg at a sheet (without it breaking) (04:55)
19. creating a non-newtonian fluid that glows with tonic water and cornstarch (05:11)
20. knocking eggs propped up by toilet paper rolls into glasses (05:26)
More DIY experiments:
Seven Surface Tension Experiments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsksFbFZeeU
5 weird ways to put out a candle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WainnKKtGZI
Glowing Band-Aids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIILDg2d3Yk
Stacked ball drop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UHS883_P60
Special thanks to our Sally Ride Patrons: Alejandro Gutierrez, Brian O'Connell, Darkbit, David Cichowski, Edi, Fabrice Eap, Henning Bitsch, Kenneth Hunter, Margaux Lopez, and Zalster
Thanks to Derek Muller and Patrick Morgan for advising on this video!
More Physics Girl:
Creator/Host: Dianna Cowern
Editor: Levi Butner
Thanks to: Hope Butner, Kyle Kitzmiller, Derek Muller and Patrick Morgan
Are you Social Distancing? Looking for Self Isolation activities? Fun DIY home activities for adults and kids.