Follow along with Carter, age 11, and learn how to make a navigational chart chart to show friends and family how to find your favorite things.
• wood sticks
• glue dots or school glue
• twist ties
• color pencils
1. On a piece of paper, draw your home and favorite things in each room. Color in your favorite things.
2. Use sticks to create a frame. And create paths to your favorite things, making sure you connect the sticks to the frame.
3. Work in sections to secure the chart.
4. First, glue a set of sticks that overlap each other. Then, wrap a twist tie in an X-shape around them.
5. Continue to glue and tie the rest of your sticks.
6. Check out your navigational chart!
#MetKids is a digital feature made for, with and by kids!
#MetKids Contributor: Carter
Inspired by Navigational Chart (Rebbilib).
Supported by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
©2017 The Metropolitan Museum of Art