Sleep paralysis is a pretty frightening yet common event affecting 7.6% of the general population, 28.3% of students, and 31.9% of psychiatric patients at least once in their life.
A lot of people say it feels like you’re half awake but you’re unable to speak or move, which makes you super frustrated and scared. Also, since you’re half awake, you may still have residual dream-like imagery happening all around you, adding to the fear.
► Subscribe for Sharp Science and more: http://on.mash.to/subscribe ◄
• New episodes every other Thursday.
• Watch more Sharp Science: http://on.mash.to/SharpScience
• The Disturbing Truth about Vitamin Supplements - https://youtu.be/-OnMXmTjc_w
• This is the Most Fascinating Fruit - https://youtu.be/UDYXnM8klQ4
• 9 Mind-Blowing Facts About the Avocado - https://youtu.be/-p0X4RDiqBI
MASHABLE ON YOUTUBE
Subscribe to Mashable: http://on.mash.to/subscribe
Best of playlist: https://on.mash.to/BestOf
MASHABLE ACROSS THE WEB
Mashable is for superfans. We're not for the casually curious. Obsess with us.