You may have heard that chocolate is high on the list of things that dogs should not be eating, but have you ever wondered why? One molecule, theobromine, is the central culprit to chocolate's toxicity to dogs. Today we're taking a closer look at the stuff, how much is too much, and also give you little advice if you catch little sparky sitting in a pile of chocolate wrappers on your kitchen floor.
Find us on all these places:
John Malin P.h.D
Darcy Gentleman, Ph.D.
Music by Kirk Zamieroski
On Theobromine Poisoning - https://aspcapro.org/sites/pro/files/m-toxbrief_0201_0.pdf
How to make a dog puke up it's mistake: http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/emergency-trauma-urgent-care/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs
Caffeine/theobromine - http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/i5/Caffeine-Jitters.html
Cats and sweets: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-cats-cannot-taste-sweets/