When I swallowed a quarter, I was, like, 6. I believed in the TOOTH FAIRY and swallowed the quarter because I was sucking on it and was thirsty... next thing I know, its lodged in my throat and I CAN BARELY BREATHE and I go to my bathroom. Try to choke it up. My parents tell me to go to bed... about 30 MINUTES OF SUFFERING & HARD BREATHING after, I finally cough it up.
Thing is, about a year ago, my grandpa (he's an ER doc) told me of a case he had that day. The guy he treated had choked on a quarter (only my grandfather didn't know it!) and died after. My grandpa went to see what was the cause of death....and in the dude's windpipe was a quarter.
The dude HAD DIED! I probably would've as well, but GOD DIDN'T LET ME!
Lesson learned, never put money in my mouth again.