OC QUESTIONS PART 1
What is an OC?
An OC, or original character, can be rather a fan-made character (i.e, a Harry Potter fan-character like Asia: she doesn't exist in the actual series but in fanfictions set in the Harry Potter world, she does), or a completely original character (such as a character created for an original manga).
Do you have any OCs?
I have 3 major OCs at this point: Rinji Shukei/Yukinko Bosetsu (a Bleach anime fan-character), Goldicat the Cat (a FNAF fan-character that has since her invention been developed into more of a mascot; she is more of a completely original character now, as her inspiration was from a series but I developed her away from it), and Asia Abernathy-Lovegood (a Harry Potter fan-character created and placed in Silens I).
1. Does s/he play an instrument (and is s/he good at it)?
2. What is his/her personality and defining character traits (not appearance, but personality)?
3. What is his/her appearance and defining physical trails (appearance)?
4. What is his/her fashion sense?
5. What are his/her character flaws?
6. What is a short overview of his/her past/history?
7. Who would s/he save first (and in what order would s/he save the others): beloved parent, best friend, pet, complete stranger, baby?
8. Does s/he struggle with:
8.1: External conflict (AKA an injury like a twisted ankle or something more serious)?
8.2: Man VS Man conflict (such as trying to kill or find someone)?
8.3: Internal conflict (such as mental illness)?
9. Is s/he:
9.1: Completely original?
9.2: A fan-character?
9.3: A mascot?
9.4: A representation of you?
10: What is his/her motives and goal?
11. How does s/he treat friends?
-Never make a character "perfect". AKA, as for question 5., do not say "S/HE HAS NO CHARACTER FLAWS". That makes the character unrealistic, and makes you, as the author, sound a little cheesy. I learned this the hard way.
-That being said, don't make a character overly "tragic" either. If the character is the ONLY tragic character, then that's fine, but try to find sunshine in their life, if only just a little.
-Be creative, and don't copy directly from sources such as your favorite books/mangas/shows/animes/etc.
-Answer the questions below! Remember to list your character's name, gender, race (alien, human, etc), age, if s/he is a fan-character (and if s/he is, from what fandom s/he's from), etc. Enjoy! I will answer the question in a different post with my 3 OCs.