Help me, i am scared of my dad.

+9 votes
asked Feb 11 in All Advisors by Is it abuse? Is it gonna be okay?
You all know me and who I am, and many of my closer friends here will probably guess who I am, but I don't want to post this on my account. Some things, just no.


So I am scared at home when my dad is there and not at work. And i hate the cigarette smoke. When he comes home he always comes home in a bad mood, complaining about everything to me and my mom, not caring about anyone else's problems. And then he lists about 5 chores for me to do per minute and I am trying to get them done without him yelling more. When he gets really mad at me he hurts me somehow. He has grabbed the back of my throat, slapped me hard enough for my glasses to bend, shoved me into a wall, ect. If I ever argue or have any opposing opinion at all he will yell and say my opinion does not matter and no one wants to hear it. One day right before heading out to go to school he was yelling and threw my hairbrush at the wall so hard I thought it broke. I left for school crying and running out of the house. Whenever there are rare situations where my mom leaves me with my dad and he does anything to me and yells more if I text my mom about it. I want to run a hide in my room and lock myself in when he is home. My mom and brother don't see it enough to know. My brother loves my dad because he never got to see him when he was younger because of his childhood, but I would honestly trade. Every time I cry, I am called a cry-baby. Every time I am mad I am a disrespectful child. Every time I am happy it doesn't last long. I just want to run away, maybe stay with my best friend. I would have... i would have run away one day when both my parents made me cry and my brother seemed to ignore it, but then when i was in my room my brother hugged me, and i cried then too, but it helped. What do i do? And talking to a therapist or school couslor is out of the question, i know what would happen if i told a counslor because they are mandatory reporters, any time somebody is being hurt, wants to hurt themselves, or hurt others they have to tell somebody that by law. I would get in trouble. I just want it to stop. I can't talk to him, I can't defend myself, I want to run, but I have no where to go but school.
commented Feb 26 by jj
Tell your friends. call DCFS if you live in Illinois
commented May 14 by Maddy
Call child support or 911 if it’s child abuse. Tell your mom first though. Then call someone if she doesn’t do anything
commented Aug 10 by Kitty
commented Oct 18 by Jammie
commented Nov 6 by ITS GONNA BE OKAY
listen to... Into The Sea (its gonna be okay)
commented Nov 19 by Bugaboo

I’m so sorry I have never had that happen to me before that’s so scary.I’m only 9 and in fourth grade I do not understand 


12 Answers

0 votes
answered Jul 19 by Shinning lily
So so sorry for you.
+1 vote
answered Jun 8 by Junior
Omg I will pray for you.

I'm really sorry this is happening!!!!!!!

Pray to God and he'll help you!!
+1 vote
answered Jun 8 by Kat
OMG I AM SO SRRY ABOUT UR DAD honestly he needs to go to jail even better PRISON call DCF whenever he hurts u call the cops especially when he grabs ur throat I ALMOST CRIED when I heard that :(
commented Jun 8 by kitten (644,280 points)
jail and prison are the same thing
commented Oct 4 by WelshTerriersss (19,910 points)
No, jail and prison are different. Jail is a temporary holding place before the criminal goes to prison.
+2 votes
answered May 13 by lunalovegoodmolly (313,100 points)
Hi, Luna. I don't know what to say. It sucks that this is happening. You really should call the cops. To start somewhere maybe tell your mom. But make sure not to say it when your dad is around. I know you don't believe in God but I am going to pray that this will get better. I will be here for you, always.
+2 votes
answered May 12 by Hermionepuppy (5,740 points)
Okay, so I know I bring this up a lot but my mom is a bibical counseler and she's has seen many cases like this.  now of course talk to your mom, and if he is treating you that way that is just so so wrong, I'm sorry this had to happen to you honestly but no family is perfect but if you pray to God to change your dad's heart. And everything that has happened to you is part of God's.   And even if your not a christian you can cry out to God and he will answer your prayers.  Now if he does not change that house is not safe.


May God bless your home with peace and love.  I say to you again Pray and God will listen.
commented May 12 by Lesbian Wolf Furry (10,390 points)
Yeah, i don't believe in God but I thank you for your support anyway.
+2 votes
answered Feb 12 by kitten (644,280 points)
oh my god, call the cops...
+3 votes
answered Feb 12 by -Moonlight- (64,570 points)
Get help immediately. You living with him is not mentally and physically good for your health. Talk about it to your mom, it may be hard to do, but think about how much happier you will feel if you tell her. Even if it's your dad reporting him is the right thing to do. You'll be happier if you do. Please take our advice...
+3 votes
answered Feb 12 by im kanye (373,050 points)
Awww Luna... I hope this gets better. I hope he knows that second hand smoke is really bad for children, and that only been around to direct is also really not good. I suggest you talk to your mom about it, but seriously, show her that you mean it. And you should also be sure that your mom can set steady grounds with him, some dad's don't listen to mom's so you might have to make it more so people he knows gets it. Scary, but it's my only idea.
+3 votes
answered Feb 12 by ❤KittyKat❤ (119,950 points)
Try to talk to a counselor, teacher or therapist. What he is doing to you is inhumane! I feel so sorry for you. I would give you a BIG hug if I could. Try to enroll in s
Afterschool classes so you dont have to spend a lot of time at home.
commented Feb 12 by LunaLight (99,150 points)
Robotics ended, anime club keeps getting canceled, and I rarely have girl scout meets.
+4 votes
answered Feb 12 by Jello789 (1,100 points)
Oh. This sounds hard. I'm sorry. So, ok, when I went to the school counselor for the first time about the cutting, she literally told no one even though she was supposed to. This was before my mom knew and my first therapist appointment was a lot of weeks from then. The counselor didn't really help, but yours might be different so I say give it a try. If that doesn't work, go to your mom. Tell her about all the things your dad has done to you, and you should definitely tell her about him abusing you. Don't get mad, and try to stay level with your mom if things go wrong. And don't blow up on her. Hope this helps!

P.s. You probably know who I am as well as I know who you are
commented Jul 15 by J498um

T_Toh my God really.......

uh I'm so sorry u must be in so much pain

commented Aug 3 by Jello789 (1,100 points)
aw, it's ok, im fine now, i just have GAD.
commented Oct 12 by Yayday
If he hits you again call the police!

Related questions

+1 vote
3 answers 65 views
asked Aug 12 in Other by Jane
+1 vote
5 answers 75 views
+2 votes
10 answers 146 views
asked Aug 17 in Other by Jane
+10 votes
4 answers 119 views
+4 votes
2 answers 57 views
+6 votes
6 answers 82 views
+2 votes
3 answers 64 views
+2 votes
1 answer 44 views
asked Aug 29 in Other by Jane
+1 vote
1 answer 44 views
+1 vote
1 answer 34 views
+1 vote
2 answers 88 views
asked Aug 27 in Other by Jane
+8 votes
1 answer 89 views
+9 votes
3 answers 58 views
+7 votes
4 answers 112 views

Recent Badges

100 Club
Received total of 500 points
- Artsy Cheshire Cat -
Notable Question
Asked question received 50 views
Popular Question
Asked question received 100 views
- Lollypopqueen -
Notable Question
Asked question received 50 views
- CoralSophie08 -
Notable Question
Asked question received 50 views
- Samantha's news -