13 is a prime number. Like all primes greater than two, it is odd and has no factors apart from itself and one.
What does the number 13 look like?
As a prime, it is not composed of any other numbers and has no internal structure.
13 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 13:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 13 from the Numbermatics database.
Names Factors Divisors Bases Roots Scales Fun
Names of 13
- Cardinal: 13 can be written as Thirteen.
- Scientific notation: 1.3 × 101
Factors of 13
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 13
Divisors of 13
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 14
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 13 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 12
Bases of 13
- Binary: 11012
- Hexadecimal: 0xD
- Base-36: D
Squares and roots of 13
- 13 squared (132) is 169
- 13 cubed (133) is 2197
- The square root of 13 is 3.6055512755
- The cube root of 13 is 2.3513346877
Scales and comparisons
How big is 13?
- A cube with a volume of 13 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 13
- 13 backwards is 31
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 13's digits is 4
- More coming soon!