Hey, welcome back, sisters! I know I should probably post about puberty etc. because I said I would, so I promise I will next post! However, this post is going to be about the Popular Girls.
Phones, scrunchies, TikTok, metal water bottles, Fjallraven backpacks, makeup, boys, clothes... these are some of the many things on the ever-changing list of ‘cool’ stuff that the Popular Girls always seem to have. We’ve all felt the pressures of the social ladder. Here’s how to deal with the ‘cool’ stuff... and the girls themselves.
- They’re so pretty. Popular girls spend huge amounts of time, money and effort on their appearance. It’s not really worth it. There isn’t a special makeup that will make you magically look like them, it takes a lot of pain and effort. You don’t need to, and if we all looked the same it would be pretty rubbish. Every girl is beautiful in her own special way.
- They’re so talented. Everyone has their talents, these girls just seem really talented because the attention is always on them. Do what you love, you’ll be amazing at it, whether you get TikTok famous because of it or not.
- Everyone likes them. Popular girls actually can feel very insecure about their friends, and feel they need to be liked. It can seem like everyone likes them, but really they’re just getting a lot of attention.
- They have all the nice stuff. Popular girls seem like they have lots of nice stuff. It’s usually just the expensive, trendy version of what everyone else has. It costs more money, but it’s not necessarily worth it. Don’t let them decide for you what’s ‘nice’, make up your own mind.
- They’re so trendy. Because the attention is on them most of the time, stuff popular girls own seems to be the best thing since sliced bread. Who cares if they’re trendy? Don’t be a sheep, stand out from the crowd.
- All the boys fancy them. Usually just a gang of hormonal jerks loud-mouthing about who’s ‘hot’ and who’s not. Don’t listen to them.
- I’m a nobody compared to them. As long as you have your own friends, it doesn’t matter who their friends are. Get your own people who love and respect you for you, and who don’t just hang out with you because of your clothes or your Instagram likes.
- They have so many views and lies and followers on their socials. Most social media has an age limit, so don’t get an an account until the app guidelines say you’re old enough, even if everyone else has one. As long as your socials are private accounts, clean, unfiltered, kind, and reflect you as you, it doesn’t matter if you have 5 followers and they have 500.
Don’t feel pressured by the Popular Girls. Be yourself, make up your own mind and don’t let anyone tell you what to do or wear or post. If they’re all wearing tight tops and tiny shorts but you want to wear a rainbow maxi dress and DMs, go for it! They don’t control you.
Don’t be a Popular Girl either. Be a friend.
Hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any stories, suggestions, statements, questions or answers, I’d love to hear them. I’ll make another post in a few days. Until then, peace :)