What is Evaporation, Condensation, and Precipitation?

+7 votes
15,709 views
asked Apr 4, 2013 in Science by smile828 (28,860 points)


4 Answers

+1 vote
 
Best answer
Evaporation, Condensation, and Precipitation is the water cycle. Evaporation is when water turns into the gas. When there is enough water molecules the cloud forms, which is condensation. Whan there too many water molecules,  the cloud is heavy, and it starts to rain. Raining is Precipitation. This is the water cycle. It keeps on going not stopping.
answered Apr 5, 2013 by mathgeek36 (38,570 points)
selected Apr 6, 2013 by smile828
Thank you!
+1 vote
They are parts of the water cycle. Evaporation is the process when water evaporates. Water vapor is the gas version of water. Condensation is the forming of water vapor into clouds. Precipitation is the falling that happens when the cloud is full.

-CraftyGirlJuJu
answered Apr 23, 2013 by anonymous
+2 votes

 

  • condensation:transition from vapor phase to liquid phase
  • precipitation: deposition of liquid water droplets and ice particles that are formed in the atmosphere and grow to a sufficient size so that they are returned to the Earth's surface by gravitational settling. Solid and liquid. Dew and fog do not count as precipitation (can add 5-10% to precipitation in the Pacific Northwest)
  • Evaporation is the process by which water changes from a liquid to a gas or vapor. Evaporation is the primary pathway that water moves from the liquid state back into the water cycle as atmospheric water vapor. Studies have shown that the oceans, seas, lakes, and rivers provide nearly 90 percent of the moisture in the atmosphere via evaporation, with the remaining 10 percent being contributed by plant
answered May 1, 2013 by Iwanttolearn (300 points)
0 votes
Parts of the water cycle
answered May 15, 2016 by arKZo (300,160 points)

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer
70 views asked Dec 15, 2015 in Science by gghjghghghgh
+5 votes
1 answer
+7 votes
1 answer
135 views asked Jan 15, 2015 in Science by bow (190 points)
+3 votes
2 answers
224 views asked Nov 18, 2015 in Science by lj
+6 votes
1 answer
250 views asked Nov 18, 2014 in Science by anonymous
+8 votes
2 answers
+5 votes
1 answer
51 views asked Mar 13, 2017 in Science by T-dog (430 points)
+4 votes
4 answers
88 views asked May 27, 2016 in Science by Bloohberry
+3 votes
1 answer
93 views asked Apr 18, 2016 in Science by anonymous
+3 votes
2 answers
54 views asked Jan 13, 2016 in Science by anonymous
+4 votes
2 answers
34 views asked Dec 17, 2015 in Science by mitchel
+4 votes
1 answer
103 views asked Dec 15, 2015 in Science by Mk
+5 votes
1 answer
106 views asked Dec 8, 2015 in Science by rasta719 (6,370 points)
+6 votes
2 answers
58 views asked Nov 23, 2015 in Science by rasta719 (6,370 points)
+3 votes
2 answers
84 views asked Nov 13, 2015 in Science by anonymous
+3 votes
1 answer
114 views asked Oct 5, 2015 in Science by Fuart 500
+3 votes
2 answers
117 views asked Sep 25, 2015 in Science by anonymous
+3 votes
1 answer
112 views asked Sep 9, 2015 in Science by anonymous
+3 votes
2 answers
88 views asked Aug 25, 2015 in Science by anonymous
+6 votes
3 answers
149 views asked May 4, 2015 in Science by anonymous

Recent Badges

Popular Question
- NZ -
Notable Question
- NATHAN -
Notable Question
- OpalGemStar -
Notable Question
- ❤☮LouTheLuver☮❤ -
Nice Answer
- OpalGemStar -
...