Hello, fellow authors (and readers)
1. Use one (or even both) of the prompts to write a short story.
2. Use existing characters or ones made up now. NOTE: By existing characters, I meant ones YOU have already made. If you would like to use a historical person or write some sort of FanFiction, you can ask me here or on KidzNet (I'm ammyk there.)
4. Make it at least 3 paragraphs long. The passcode is one-thousand-words.
5. Do your best to make the plot original and coherent.
6. Post the story along with the word count (this is not necessary, however,) as well as the passcode. The passcode is used so that I can make sure whoever is writing the story read the entire list of instructions.
7. There will be no official winner, but I may or may not favourite the story I like most.
That's all I can think of for now! Without further ado, here are the prompts-
1. A person who has the power of magnifying power. For instance, if there is a slight breeze, they can turn it into a huge gust of wind. In your story, you must answer (at least some of) these questions, in story form-
- How much fuel do they need to magnify power?
- What types of energy can they magnify?
- What is the toll of their power on their body?
- How do they feel about their power? Are they jealous of others with better powers? Do they feel like they are better than people around them?
2. There is a magical village deep in the woods. Every time someone new comes to visit the village, it moves far away, taking the person with it, and erasing their memory. Answer these questions within your short story-
- Are there any inhabitants in the town? If so, do they want people to come to their home? Do their memories get erased as well?
- What draws the people to the village?
- Does the village look like any other town, or is there something different about it?
- Do the people, if there are any, try to keep in contact with the rest of the world?
- Can the people whose memories are erased ever remember anything? Can their memories be triggered by something?
Alrighty folks, thanks for reading and good luck if you plan on entering the informal contest!