I decided a while back that I don’t want to come out. I’m not scared, I don’t see why I have to make a whole announcement and a big fuss over something that is perfectly normal. Lately I’ve been having second thoughts. I would like to be publicly ‘out’ and I really want to make rainbow ‘gay cupcakes’ XD.
Here’s some background info...
- I’m 11 so people will probably not take me seriously because of my age.
- My parents are supportive of LGBT+, they’re not going to kick me out or anything.
- My friends are supportive, they just might find it a bit hard to understand at first.
- I’ve haven’t known my friends at school that long so it might be a bit soon to tell them something that personal (although they will be supportive).
I’d like to come out to people at school via TikTok as I’ve seen videos on YouTube of girls doing that, it looks really good. Problems are...
- I object to TikTok for moral and ethical reasons
- I don’t meet the age limit (13+)
- I don’t have a smartphone (I don’t want one on a moral and ethical basis)
- A lot of the girls at my school would never follow me because I’m not ‘popular’ enough.
It might be a good idea to do it with my friend because she has TikTok, she’ll be totally accepting etc. and she’ll enjoy the joke, but (sadly) she probably won’t let me post it on her account. If I come out via TikTok what song should I choose? I’ve heard of
- ‘this girl straight and this girl nah’
- ‘I like girls’ (the big boys itty-bitty boys one)
- ‘Once upon a time I liked to play with toys but now I like to play around with teenage girls’ (the hairspray one)
- ‘Girls wanna play with girls’
I’m trying to make sure my parents don’t find out just yet because even though I know they’ll be supportive, I’m terrified, I’m just not ready to tell them yet. (I don’t think they keep watch on my friends’ TikTok accounts but you never really know with parents XD...)
If I do decide to come out it will be ages away (because of Covid-19 and social distancing obvs).
So... should I come out? (Help!) Any answers are really appreciated, thank you!!
PS. No biphobia or ‘being gay is a sin’ comments please, I don’t want your hate.